About this listing
Located one block north of Patterson Park and walkable to Johns Hopkins Hospital, Canton and Fells Point, this bedroom is cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Comes with your own private full bath and wifi. You'll have the basement to yourself and plenty of privacy. No cleaning fee! And a sweet kitty.
This bedroom and private bath are in the basement of a two-story rowhouse. You will be the only people on this floor. Equipped with a double bed, the bedroom receives afternoon sun, so you won't be woken by early morning light. Your room faces the street which sometimes means pedestrian noise. To offset the disruption, the room is equipped with a sleep machine that offers various relaxing noises.
The high thread count sheets will provide you a very comfy sleeping experience. Down the hall from your bedroom is a full private bath with a hair dryer and plenty of fluffy towels.
The room and bath are part of the house. There's no separate entrance or door.
As mentioned, a cat lives in this house. If you have a cat allergy, then this probably isn't the listing for you.
Wifi internet. Hair dryer. Ironing board and iron.
Shared ground level includes: Cable TV. Powder room. Fully stocked kitchen with Keurig coffee maker, coffee, tea, hot pot, creamer, sugar, and all the sugar substitutes your heart could desire. There are also to-go cups so you can grab your morning beverage of choice and head out.
No landline. The house has excellent cell reception. No washing machine.
Interaction with guests
I'm happy to chat by through the Airbnb inbox, email, phone or text. I work from home. My office is on the second floor of the house. I'll be available to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Please communicate with me your plans and any questions you might have.
My house is located one and a half blocks from Patterson Park and a 15-20 minute walk to Johns Hopkins Hospital.
The neighborhood is diverse both economically and racially with a mix of families, young professionals, long-term homeowners, newer residents and renters. Please note, it is a city neighborhood. Sometimes, especially on the weekends, there can be noise on the sidewalks from people talking or children playing.
Patterson Park--Baltimore's Best Backyard--is one and a half blocks south. It covers 137 acres and is a Baltimore City gem. Tennis courts, a pool, an ice skating rink, a dog park, and an observatory are all popular features. During nice weather, it's a popular place for jogging.
Free street parking is generally available within a one or three block radius. There's street cleaning on Monday and Tuesday from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. on alternating sides of my block.
Smart city parking practices apply: don't leave anything visible in your car, including GPS mounts, cables, CDs, etc. And of course, don't leave anything valuable in a car.
It's a 15-20 minute walk to Johns Hopkins Hospital. I'm also a big fan of walking down to Fells Point or Harbor East.
There is bus stop on the block at the corner of Fayette and N. Milton.
Other things to note
I've listed the nearby grocery store, restaurants, bars, a pharmacy and a couple other of my favorite neighborhood places on the map.
I have a cat, Raja. He's friendly and will likely rub your pant leg. But don't worry! I keep a lint roller close at hand.
1) Quiet hours apply from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. During business hours (Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.), regular noise is acceptable but since I work from home, no super loud TV or music.
2) No pets. I love animals but my cat is a jealous little guy, so unfortunately I won't be able to meet your fur children.
3) Guests. Your friends are welcome from 9 a.m. until 11 p.m. at which point they need to return to their own abode.
4) Smoking. Smoking is fine outside away from the house.
5) Guests are welcome on the shared first floor/main level. The second floor is my private space. Do not go up the stairs.
6) Washer/Dryer. This listing does not include laundry facilities. There's a laundromat a couple blocks down the street.
7) Thermostat. The thermostat is on the main level across from the stairs. If the room is cooler/warmer than you'd like, please adjust it to your preference between the ranges of 65-75 degrees. There's also a tall standing fan in the closet for your use.
8) Only toilet paper in the toilets. There's extra toilet paper in your closet.
9) Lock the door behind you when entering or exiting the house.
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund, including service fees.
Baltimore has been home for a decade. I didn't think that the city and I would be friends, but by the end of grad school I had fallen in love. I've owned my home for six years. Patterson Park is great neighborhood with friendly people, gorgeous green space, festivals and exciting development.
Professionally, I work to ensure that all children thrive with a focus on education and nonprofits. My office is at home.
Unlike a lot of folks in the Airbnb community, I'm not very well traveled, especially internationally. I've traveled a fair bit for work, but that doesn't always lend itself to getting to know a place well. I'm excited by the prospect of learning more about other locales from you.
I adore the color orange, my home state of Virginia and lindy hop. I'd love to give you suggestions about places to go and explore in Baltimore.